Post subject: Hotkey for "Full" sheet view
PostPosted: 05 Sep 2017, 14:20 

Does a "Hotkey", such as "F4", exist in either/or Schematic or PCB Latout, that will zoom the display to a full sheet view of the current sheet, no matter where or at what zoom level you are ?

Post subject: Re: Hotkey for "Full" sheet view
PostPosted: 05 Sep 2017, 15:57 
Expert

Use the [Home] key (Zoom Extents) to see all objects in any of the editors (v3). I don't think it will include the page border, however. Maybe they will add that to the Zoom Extents algorithm in the near future.

PostPosted: 06 Sep 2017, 03:26 

To add an alternative vote... I like that Full zoom doesn't include the border. That detail isn't needed by me most times- rather a close up view of the circuit. I'd rather not have to zoom back in manually every time.

I suppose the Home key could be primed so that a double-click gets you to full-zoom including border, with single click zooming only to the circuit (as now). Haven't looked to see if the custom hot key feature handles such things already.

PostPosted: 06 Sep 2017, 05:14 
Expert

atomitech wrote:
"...To add an alternative vote... I like that Full zoom doesn't include the border..."
Yeah, you're right. It's not necessary to zoom out to see the page border and title box every time when working on the circuit. It's easy enough just to manually zoom out afterwards on that rare occasion when the title box needs a change.