Post subject: Hide pin names on components?
PostPosted: 12 Jan 2017, 12:04 

Some components you can see the pin names and not the numbers how does one hide the pin names. This should be pretty simple because many components the pin number and names are not relevant i.e. capacitors and resistors in which we don't care to see either pin names or pin numbers because of the unnecessary clutter it brings to the schematic over the technical value?

Post subject: Re: Hide pin names on components?
PostPosted: 12 Jan 2017, 12:17 

The display of pin names is controlled in the Component Editor.

In the Component Editor, with the chosen part selected, right click on a pin and select Pin Properties. In the dialog that opens there is a check box for "Show Name."

You can also window select the entire component and use the same menu selection to toggle the display of pin names on multiple pins.

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2017, 01:19 

To hide pin name and number, right-click on the component and go to pin numbers to select whether to show or not. Check out more information here, http://idesign.calpoly.edu/dip-trace/Schematic/

PostPosted: 18 Jan 2017, 12:16 

Techno Tronix wrote:
To hide pin name and number, right-click on the component and go to pin numbers to select whether to show or not. Check out more information here, http://idesign.calpoly.edu/dip-trace/Schematic/

Thanks for the info but Wow, that is really confusing I don't know why someone would design it that way. They have two different ways of hiding pin names and pin numbers kind of dumb if you ask me.

When I right click on the pin I go to pin properties and I can hide or show just the pin name. Then to Hide or Show the pin number I have to go to the menu->Component->Pin Numbers->{Show,Hide,Default}

It seems this all could be done the same way either right click on the pin to show or hide either or both pins and it would probably. Or use the component menu but don't use both and especially don't use both one one way and one another way....lol

Why not have both pin name and number visibility controlled under one menu item like the Pin Manager which has pin name but Not Pin number...LOL... I VOTE that if they move this in the future that both pin name / number visibility be handled under Pin Manager becasue it has all the pins there and a nice spread sheet

Sorry but have ding them for this one that's a bad bit of programming with No thought of Human Factors!

Other than some very irritating things like this, DipTrace seems very easy to use which I do like....we'll see how the layout goes at least the tutorial seem to go very nicely.