Post subject: Definitions and/or Glossary
PostPosted: 26 Sep 2016, 13:55 

It would help me to have an official and exact definition of “Similar Name Components” as found as a sub-menu under “Update from Library” in the Schematic program. That way I could be sure exactly what I was updating. If I understand correctly, this seems better than updating each component one at a time. I apologize if I missed this in the Schematic Help.

Also, could you confirm that Selected Parts in the same sub-menu refers to parts of a multi-part component?

As a side note, there are many times when a glossary with your help and/or tutorial file would be helpful. (e.g. Part and Component)

Post subject: Re: Definitions and/or Glossary
PostPosted: 27 Sep 2016, 09:18 
Expert

smooth.sailing wrote:
"...It would help me to have an official and exact definition of “Similar Name Components” as found as a sub-menu under “Update from Library” in the Schematic program..."
+1

smooth.sailing wrote:
"...there are many times when a glossary with your help and/or tutorial file would be helpful. (e.g. Part and Component)..."
+1

smooth.sailing wrote:
"...Also, could you confirm that Selected Parts in the same sub-menu refers to parts of a multi-part component?..."
From my experience, here is how these options appear to work...

Replace Part
Current Component: Replaces only the component part that was just right-clicked on, regardless of which component parts are currently selected/highlighted.
Similar Name Components: Replaces all component parts that have the same part name as the component part that was just right-clicked on, regardless of which component parts are currently selected/highlighted.
Selected Components: Replaces all of the currently selected/highlighted component parts that have the same part name as the component part that was just right-clicked on, while ignoring other selected/highlighted component parts that have different names.

Update From Library
Selected Parts: Updates all of the currently selected/highlighted component parts.
Selected Components: Updates all of the currently selected/highlighted components.
Similar Name Components: Updates all components that have the same component name as the component that was just right-clicked on, regardless of which components are currently selected/highlighted.