Schematic - Drawing, Titles, Sheets

Drawing Schematics, Hierarchical Design, BOM, Exporting net-lists, etc.
PaulNewf

Schematic - Drawing, Titles, Sheets

#1 Post by PaulNewf » 20 Jan 2016, 03:32

How do I draw non-electrical lines in Schematic?
How do I copy my saved Titleblock and Sheet formats to a new schematic? (I can't find where those are saved, and I'd like to be able to share to another designer)

Tomg
Expert

Re: Schematic - Drawing, Titles, Sheets

#2 Post by Tomg » 21 Jan 2016, 02:35

The Title Block feature is an area of DipTrace that needs improvement. Here are two links to some very basic information on the subject...

A tiny bit of info with a "getting started" rant - http://www.diptrace.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10785

Suggested improvements that I believe are needed for the Title Block Editor - http://www.diptrace.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=10787

For drawing non-electrical lines, go to the Drawing toolbar, click on the Place Shape tool icon (1) and then click on the Line icon (2)...
Attachments
Place-Shape.jpg
Place-Shape.jpg (36.94 KiB) Viewed 287 times
Tom

PaulNewf

Re: Schematic - Drawing, Titles, Sheets

#3 Post by PaulNewf » 26 Jan 2016, 05:07

Thanks for the Drawing pointer, don't know how I missed that.

I do use the Title Block feature, but
- It wasn't intuitive to merge blocks by highlighting them then clicking "Create Text Field", need a note about merge on the screen when in the editor (now I know this its easy)
- Need more fields. Filename and Sheet exist, but need Date and others mentioned in various threads.
- Really need a way to save/load title blocks, so can share with a team
--- It would be great if the Title block could be a Part in a library
--- Alternately it would be good if some reserved strings could be used anywhere, not just in Title Block Editor (&Filename& &Sheet& &DateTimeLastSaved&)