Post subject: Challenges with drawing schematic and productivity loss
PostPosted: 29 Apr 2015, 09:59 

Hi Alex,

I wanted to bring this challenge to you before this release itself. However, thought, this problem might go in new release, but it is still persist. Though, I am providing a single reference here, however, challenge are there with almost all the schematics those I drew. I am a hobbyist and non-commercial user yet and I like Dip-Trace and sticking around. But this challenge is e a productivity loss for me, where every damn single line I need to correct manually.

Problem is every time you trying connect two pins, line is not getting drawn straight forward in most of the scenarios; be it vertical, horizontally, diagonally, near pins, far pins, cross pins etc. This is both modes, Grid is on or Off or standard components or customized as well. Please see the image file attached, where I tried to draw a simple circuit of Op-Amp (double) in Inverting Amp mode with higher gain. Please see the attached image and I am sure you figure out the problem/ challenge that I am facing.

Please let me know, I am missing something here - setting, configuration? I tried all options, Graphics mode but the problem persists. I am not sure about other users, do they face the same challenge?

Please help, as it is productivity loss.

Regards,
Pradip

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post subject: Re: Challenges with drawing schematic and productivity loss
PostPosted: 29 Apr 2015, 10:48 

I believe DipTrace always tries to connect nets collinear with the component pin on the schematic. That's why it's routing them as it does.

Maybe that behavior should be optional? However, I've done a lot of schematic connections in DipTrace and I've not found it to be much of an issue.

PostPosted: 29 Apr 2015, 15:24 

Just switch the route mode to manual, and then you can change the shape of the route with the S key. You'll see what I mean when you try it...it's very simple and intuitive, much like when manually routing traces. Auto is OK, but it stinks when you have pins that overlap, or are close to overlapping, in an axis like that...it doesn't like going into the side of a pin. I switched to manual mode and never looked back.

PostPosted: 29 Apr 2015, 21:24 

Hi John,
I hope, you are taking about the schematic drawing - as this is not a PCB routing ?

Hi Farley,
Behavior is optional and I also have drawn 100+ schematics till now but this behavior persists and a kind of productivity loss, where you need to again adjust the wire in straight line. Hence, I brought into attention of product team.

Thanks,
Pradip

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2015, 03:13 
Technical Support

Automatic and manual modes are available in Schematic. If you change automatic mode to manual, wires will be created exactly as you draw them.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2015, 05:55 

Hi Alex,

Thanks and that works. However, is there any option, where we can select Routing mode to Manual until we change (constantly) ? As presently, before placing wire, we need to choose this mode or press M.

Thanks,
Pradip

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2015, 13:36 

Mine stays in whatever mode I select, even when I restart.

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2015, 22:16 

Thanks John.
I have checked and it goes the same here. It helped a lot.