Post subject: 3D view under osx problem
PostPosted: 11 Feb 2014, 04:59 

Hi everybody,

Since few weeks I'm using Diptrace under OSX Mavericks. I tried first to run a "native" osx version and although it works, the 3D view shows the next:

Attachment:
diptrace.jpg

I changed the graphic mode and the between "windows GDI" and "Direct3D" modes with the same result. If I try the OpenGL the view looks deformed and no color.

After this, I tried to install windows version under parallel desktop 9 (last one) but the result is the same.

The machine I use is an 27" imac late 2009 with Mavericks and ATI Radeon HD 4850 512 MB. Could be hardware compatibility problem?

Any help will be grateful.

Thanks.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post subject: Re: 3D view under osx problem
PostPosted: 12 Feb 2014, 10:14 
Technical Support

This doesn't look like 3D issue. I think design has board cutout but doesn't have board outline. Replace the cutout with board outline and open 3D view again, it should be better.

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2014, 17:03 

The same issue happens when running Windows DipTrace under OSX Wine via both winebottler and wineskin, FYI - works when graphics are set to Direct3D, shows odd output when set to OpenGL (as per the screenshot). This is under all versions of Mac OSX back to Snow Leopard. The same files work fine under Win version on Windows.

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2014, 05:15 

Thanks, all solved. Although there was a board outline (imported from altium as ascii file) it was causing the problem. I made new board outline and everything solved.
Thank you so much.