Importing DXF pattern

For general questions regarding the software and for all questions that do not fit in any of the threads above.
brady

Importing DXF pattern

#1 Post by brady » 22 May 2017, 16:14

I'm attempting to import a pad pattern from a DXF file. I created the file in Autodesk Fusion 360. When I import the DXF, I see the pattern shape in the import dialog. I choose the Fill Closed Areas option and convert the single layer to Top Pads. In the editor window, I get a single tiny dot. If I choose Top Silk as the layer, I see the pattern. Am I doing something wrong during the import, or do I have an issue in my DXF file that is causing this?

Any help would be appreciated.
Attachments
CR2032 Partial Pad.zip
(736 Bytes) Downloaded 57 times

Tomg
Expert

Re: Importing DXF pattern

#2 Post by Tomg » 22 May 2017, 23:42

Use the same settings except convert to Top Signal, instead. After import, right-click on the outline of the filled object and select Convert to Pad in the pop-up menu.
Tom

KevinA

#3 Post by KevinA » 24 May 2017, 05:11

Tomg wrote:Use the same settings except convert to Top Signal, instead. After import, right-click on the outline of the filled object and select Convert to Pad in the pop-up menu.
I just tried to import this: Where is Top Signal in the Convert to: Drop Down list?
Do you mean select Top from the list, Check Pads in Signal Layers, check all entities in the Pads in Signal Layers pop up window?
When I get the object imported if I select an edge and right click there is no Convert to Pad option.

Tomg
Expert

#4 Post by Tomg » 24 May 2017, 05:46

This is done in the Pattern Editor in an empty Design Area. I have attached a short, "how to" video in the zip folder named "video.zip" below. Let me know if you need more information.
Attachments
video.zip
(2.53 MiB) Downloaded 96 times
Tom

brady

#5 Post by brady » 30 May 2017, 15:18

Thanks for your help. I was able to successfully import the pattern. The video was a nice additional touch.