SamacSys import always create new library

For general questions regarding the software and for all questions that do not fit in any of the threads above.
tyro

SamacSys import always create new library

#1 Post by tyro » 03 Mar 2017, 19:29

Hi there,
Pattern Editor always create a New Library when import from SamacSys.
I downloaded pattern design file and I'd like to add to pattern list on existing Library.
Pattern Editor opens 'Library Details' dialog after I selected PADS ASCII(*.d) file from file selection dialog.
But I need a new pattern only. This behavior may create 'PADS Library' or overwrite an existing library.
Is this my misunderstanding or not?
Sorry I still don't get the point of library management :?

Tomg
Expert

Re: SamacSys import always create new library

#2 Post by Tomg » 04 Mar 2017, 00:05

Import the new, temporary, library
1) In the Pattern Editor select the User Patterns group.
2) Click on Library In the Main Menu, choose Import in the drop-down menu and select the appropriate file format in the fly-out menu.
3) In the Open dialog window navigate to and select/highlight the file to be imported, then click on the [Open] button.
4) In the Library Details dialog window type "temporary" in the Name: box, select/highlight the User Patterns group and click on the [OK] button.
5) Save the new pattern library file (Ctrl + S) to a convenient location such as the desktop with the filename "temporary".

Insert the new pattern(s) into another library
1) Choose the destination library by selecting/highlighting the desired User Patterns library.
2) Click on the Pattern Tools box and select Insert Patterns from Another Library... in the fly-out menu.
3) In the Insert Patterns dialog window, select/highlight the newly-added pattern library named "temporary", select/highlight the desired pattern(s) and click on the [Insert] button. This will add the new pattern(s) to the top of the destination library's patterns list.
4) Resave the destination library (Ctrl + S).

Remove the temporary pattern library
1) Clean up the User Patterns library group listing by selecting/highlighting the library named "temporary", then right-clicking on it and selecting Remove "temporary" Library from "User Patterns" in the pop-up menu.
2) Release the Pattern Editor's hold on the temporary file located on the desktop by either closing the Pattern Editor or by temporarily selecting/highlighting a different pattern library.
3) Delete the file named "temporary.lib" located on the desktop.
Tom

tyro

#3 Post by tyro » 04 Mar 2017, 14:28

I got it. Thanks Tomg!

rr1024

#4 Post by rr1024 » 07 Feb 2020, 08:26

When I try to do this I always get "incrorrect library format!"
---
Windows is a 64 bit extension to a 32 bit graphical shell for a 16 bit patch to an 8 bit operating system originally coded for a 4 bit microprocessor, written by a 2 bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition. :D