Post subject: How to update DipTrace software
PostPosted: 30 Aug 2016, 10:29 

Dear DipTrace developers,

On the Download DipTrace page there's a "How to Install DipTrace" button, but what about Updating? I'm concerned if I follow the Install instructions, I will loose configuration states--for instance, links to my library files (different from default install). I really don't want to have to figure out how to do that again! If the instructions are the same, then still include a "How to Update" button and link it to the Install document. The way it is, I can't be sure if installing a new version of DipTrace, over the current version, is going to leave a hole in my foot! I would appreciate it if you made this clear on the website.

Post subject: Re: How to update DipTrace software
PostPosted: 05 Sep 2016, 19:22 

Hello ReverseEMF,

I had the same kind of issues also. DipTrace use to detect if a newer version was ready for download...NO MORE. When I went to the new version (3.0 Lite 500 pins). Yes I was worried about loosing all my settings because there is "NO" simple instructions to (Click Here:To up Up-Date and ALL settings will be saved.)

They informed me to just do the Install, and all did go well with the extra pins that I had paid for.... All went well.

NOTE: It seems easier to start and layout a new PCB then it is to install/update to the current software.

Hope they do something about it soon.

Post subject: Re: How to update DipTrace software
PostPosted: 07 Sep 2016, 07:14 

Is there any error message you found on screen or what is the actual problem?
If you find anything wrong in between configuration then please provide us screen shot so that we can provide you precise solution.