3D Models

Post your STEP, IGES and VRML models here
hmlittle59

3D Models

#1 Post by hmlittle59 » 22 May 2014, 15:55

Hello All,

This will be short. I've taken the first 3 hour class on using CAD Software "AutoDesk Inventor Pro". It's been a struggle but I've got my 1st Project Box for (4 x3 PCB) near completion (Rear & Front) with LED holes, switch cutout, PCB mounts, etc. The Assembly process showed that my Rear didn't match the Front (6.2 to 6.0) "DHA DHA". But I'm still learning. OK.

Question/Help?:
Alex or anyone that knows, what (size/standard/format...etc.) do I use for making my own 3D models to add to my current PCB that needs models to be completed (Power in connector, Terminal strip, 1,2,3,4 pin Headers, etc.)?

Example: 1x 2 Header

1) Design (OK)
2) Export (what format "wrl")....anything else?
3) Were to place in Library?
4) Import into Diptrace.

Any any any help Please.

Edit: OOPS,

I want to learn/know how to Export my "3D PCB" to install into my "3D Project Box", Thanks....What steps.

Thanks again.

Howard

-- 22 May 2014, 23:43 --

Hello All,

I just downloaded the Rhino 5 CAD 90 day package. It has a long list of file formats that it can import, but it brings them in as some kind of "wire" view. WOW, this sucks.

Howard.

shebu18

Re: 3D Models

#2 Post by shebu18 » 03 Feb 2015, 01:11

Hello hmlittle59,

you design the 3D part as specified in the datasheet of it. (those are only a example, i know they are push-in pins and not for soldering)

After this you save them as wrl, i think the new version of DipTrace also supports step files. Afterwards you go into the pattern editor and attach the 3d file to the pattern. You can rotate/move it with the controls on the right. Then you save the pattern, attach it to the part symbol and you are finished.

Now open Layout editor and insert the created pattern. Create a PCB outline and click on the 3d viewer. Your model should be created and you should see your model of the header.

ptol

#3 Post by ptol » 20 May 2015, 12:52

Hello All,

I am didnt find this model in lib.
And create it. (Created in SketchUp 8)

IDC10M_S, turn on 90deg

My English is bad. Sorry
Attachments
IDC10M_S.JPG
IDC10M_S.JPG (16.63 KiB) Viewed 625 times

hmlittle59

#4 Post by hmlittle59 » 02 Jun 2015, 06:45

Hello All,

Just real quick. A while back I looked for some part to finish out my 3D view of my project. Stopped looking and then DipTrace came out with their latest version and it had some of them. I learned a little bit of a lot of things doing my current project, I did not want to even try 3D components. LONG story short I searched the web again (its been 2 or 3 yrs) and found more parts for download for free. (http://www.tracepartsonline.net/) no conversion needed (.rar and other ways). They plugged right in and I was done. Damn I was so happy.
Like I said before, it's been a while since my last Web search ya'll may have already mentioned this before, but this is my 2 cents. You have to sign up and the downloads begin.( in COLOR) wow.

Hope this helps someone. I had been sticking in different components just to get an ideal of what a 4 position with center push would like on my Switch Board and they even had that. (in COLOR).

NOTE: DipTrace needs to now up date there Version of VRML(1) to (2). I think it was (http://www.3dcontentcentral.com/) that detected the down grade and popped up a warning. The color was stripped out when I tried to add some Thru-hole and SMT Resistors.

Take care
Howard
Did not prof read.....got lots to do...out the door