2.3.5 beta with STEP/IGES available

News from developer. Also post info about new articles, tutorials, conferences, etc.
novarm44
DipTrace Lead Developer

Re: 2.3.5 beta with STEP/IGES available

#21 Post by novarm44 » 22 Jan 2014, 11:50

Here's another that shows some bizarre errors..

Using Win XP, SP3.
Thank You for report!
Please let me know your graphics card, driver version and if this happens in both Direct3D and OpenGl modes or only one of them. If tis happens only on particular files, could you please send one of them to support for verification.

RFEngineer

#22 Post by RFEngineer » 22 Jan 2014, 16:39

novarm44 wrote:
Here's another that shows some bizarre errors..

Using Win XP, SP3.
Thank You for report!
Please let me know your graphics card, driver version and if this happens in both Direct3D and OpenGl modes or only one of them. If tis happens only on particular files, could you please send one of them to support for verification.
It's a Matrox M9138 triple monitor card, driver version: 1.2.4.11 The graphics distortion and odd burst lines seem to occur under the standard graphics mode.

The Diptrace beta version works fine on my alternate PC with its basic Dell graphics card. Thanks.

novarm44
DipTrace Lead Developer

#23 Post by novarm44 » 23 Jan 2014, 10:16

It's a Matrox M9138 triple monitor card, driver version: 1.2.4.11 The graphics distortion and odd burst lines seem to occur under the standard graphics mode.
Please try to change graphics mode in View/Graphics mode in PCB or Schematic and let me know how it works. WinGDI will work 100%, but it is very slow, so try Direct3D or OpenGL.

RFEngineer

#24 Post by RFEngineer » 23 Jan 2014, 14:20

novarm44 wrote:
Please try to change graphics mode in View/Graphics mode in PCB or Schematic and let me know how it works. WinGDI will work 100%, but it is very slow, so try Direct3D or OpenGL.
Yes, big difference. No errors when using Direct3D mode. Many thanks.

Paul

Royce

#25 Post by Royce » 29 Jan 2014, 16:12

novarm44 wrote:
fdemir wrote:Hi Stas.
What diffeneces will be between 2.3 beta and 2.4 offical release?
1. Library management system is the must.
2. Bug fixes.
3. Export of STEP models as is (primitives, not triangulation) if programmer complete that till 2.4
4. IPC-D-356 netlist export again if completed.
5. Probably a few features from common to-do list.
Does item #1 mean we'll get a some sort of cloud-ish sharing/collaboration system for libraries? For example you can add a GitHub repository URL of symbols to KiCad.

Alex
Technical Support

#26 Post by Alex » 30 Jan 2014, 03:00

Royce wrote:Does item #1 mean we'll get a some sort of cloud-ish sharing/collaboration system for libraries? For example you can add a GitHub repository URL of symbols to KiCad.
No, we plan to improve search function, implement filter function (by category and other parameters), separate standard, user, project libraries.
Cloud-based library system is different, we won't implement this in near future (for stable release).

timb.us

#27 Post by timb.us » 02 Feb 2014, 17:38

When will we get a Mac version of this beta? I work cross-platform between my ThinkPad and MacBook Air (Dropbox for sharing) so I need version parity between systems before I can even try it out on my Windows machine. :(

Alex
Technical Support

#28 Post by Alex » 03 Feb 2014, 22:08

Beta version won't be available on Mac OS. We will create new dmg file for OS X when we release stable version for Windows.

andyf97

#29 Post by andyf97 » 07 Feb 2014, 19:04

I am new to Diptrace and trying it out using the beta; I was using Protell 99SE for many years and I have to say Diptrace is incredible

I really do like it; it is fast; reasonable on disc size and efficient.

Would be great if in PCB it was possible to shrink the right panes that contain Layers, Objects and Properties. Just like it is possible to the left pain for place pattern, this helps a lot when manual routing so that the view is quite large.

Also It took me a while to realize the DRC errors could be checked in realtime while manual routing, it might be better to have these default to be ticked/checked so that new users like myself can see this lovely feature.

timb.us

#30 Post by timb.us » 08 Feb 2014, 15:58

Alex wrote:Beta version won't be available on Mac OS. We will create new dmg file for OS X when we release stable version for Windows.
Okay, if I install the beta on Windows, are the saves compatible with the current stable release? (I.e., can I work on files with the new beta on Windows and the current stable release on OS X?)

Secondly, when this goes stable, will the OS X release be native (built with the new Delphi) or still have the WINE wrapper? If not, what's the ETA for the native OS X version?

Finally, what's the ETA on this beta going stable?

Thanks for all the hard work you guys do on this, especially for providing an OS X version at all. That's something no other EDA but Eagle (and KiCad I guess) does!