Version 2.3 has been published

News from developer. Also post info about new articles, tutorials, conferences, etc.
novarm44
DipTrace Lead Developer

Version 2.3 has been published

#1 Post by novarm44 » 20 Oct 2012, 07:54

Hi All,

We have release DipTrace 2.3 yesterday!

Full list of features is here:
http://www.diptrace.com/releases.php

Mac version has been updated too, we will publish recommendation for OS X Mountain Lion soon.
We also decided to remove versions without libraries and make 64-bit trial instead.
All downloads are here: http://www.diptrace.com/download.php

Starting from 2.3 you will receive new version notifications and DipTrace news as messages directly in the program (we will not send spam of course, just rare DipTrace related news). Program checks update.diptrace.com web-site every 3 days when you run PCB Layout or Schematic and if something has been changed, shows message (only one per 3 days, next news if exists will be shown in next 3 days). By default each news/version report is shown only once (if you press Esc or Enter - you will not see it again), but you can uncheck "Do not show this news again" box if necessary. All these limitations were made to avoid bothering customers if we have several news and protect from SPAM if someone will hack DipTrace web-site and add his own "news".

Regards,
Stanislav Ruev
DipTrace Team

chrismck

Re: Version 2.3 has been published

#2 Post by chrismck » 20 Oct 2012, 16:47

I must be losing my mind, I've done the install of the 2.3 binaries (MAC OSX) 4 times and each time it boots to the old revision 2.2.0.9 (Dec 23 2011).
Are the links on the website updated to the (2012) 2.3 versions. I've removed the old software, re-downloaded the one from the website - done a Get Info on the file and it actually shows 2.3.

I know I'm missing something here. Anyone else having issue installing the new release of the software. :oops:

I've getting the 2.2.0.9 on the splash screen from Help About on Schematic Capture. Using Quartz 2.7.4.

Alex
Technical Support

#3 Post by Alex » 22 Oct 2012, 02:22

Please remove the folder and its content:
/Users/<MacUserName>/Library/Application Support/Wine/prefixes/Diptrace/
I suggest to backup custom projects and libraries from the following directory:
/Users/<MacUserName>/Library/Application Support/Wine/prefixes/Diptrace/drive_c/users/macuser/My Documents/DipTrace/ prior folder removing

If you can see these directories, you can try muCommander file manager.

After that, download and install new version 2.3 for the MAC.

pradipkhare

#4 Post by pradipkhare » 22 Oct 2012, 02:46

When I installed this new version on Windows 7 machine, and immediately after this, I tried I to open either of the module (be it schematic or PCB Design), it says your trial period is already expired and ask for the product keys etc. I am confused, how can be this happen it even without using it.

In past, I downloaded and installed beta 2.2.9.

Thanks,
Pradip

chrismck

#5 Post by chrismck » 22 Oct 2012, 17:59

Thanks Alex that did the job.

mhebert3

#6 Post by mhebert3 » 23 Oct 2012, 11:00

Hi,

Is there any chance of getting the copper pours to hide nets back? This has been my means of eliminating ratlines for quite a few years now, and it's going to be quite time consuming to update my boards going forward. I understand that the "hide net ratlines" is available, but using this method gives me no indication of if my pads are actually going to be connected or not. If my ratline disappears because it's inside a copper pour, I know it's good to go!

It would be much much much appreciated!!

Thanks!
-Matt

Alex
Technical Support

#7 Post by Alex » 23 Oct 2012, 23:18

Some users think that all connections have been done if there is no connection lines visible. We had several reports that customers got wrong PCBs because of that. Therefore we did the feature that hides connections if they have implemented in copper only. And we don't plan to give back old feature.

MarkFromNJ

#8 Post by MarkFromNJ » 25 Oct 2012, 08:00

Alex wrote:Please remove the folder and its content:
/Users/<MacUserName>/Library/Application Support/Wine/prefixes/Diptrace/
I suggest to backup custom projects and libraries from the following directory:
/Users/<MacUserName>/Library/Application Support/Wine/prefixes/Diptrace/drive_c/users/macuser/My Documents/DipTrace/ prior folder removing

If you can see these directories, you can try muCommander file manager.

After that, download and install new version 2.3 for the MAC.
By default /Users/MacUserName>/Library/ is hidden from Finder. If you don't want to load another piece of software (muCommander etc) to view it, or delete it directly from Terminal, do this instead. Open the Terminal app which is in the Utilities folder in your Applications directory, or use Spotlight to find it. Then type this line to make hidden files viewable in Finder:

Code: Select all

defaults write com.apple.Finder AppleShowAllFiles YES
Then you have to relaunch Finder for the change to take effect. To do this, hold "Option" and at the same time, command-click Finder, and "relaunch" will appear at the bottom of the list. Select "relaunch" and when Finder restarts you will be able to see all hidden files and directories. To revert back to normal, go back into Terminal and:

Code: Select all

defaults write com.apple.Finder AppleShowAllFiles NO
and then relaunch Finder again.

- Mark

balles

#9 Post by balles » 27 Oct 2012, 07:13

Hello!

I purchased win8 pro yesterday and tried to install diptrace 2.3 on it today. Tried on both versions, 32bit and 64bit. When the program launches it becomes slow and the 3D view mode it's a down way to block diptrace completely. And before launch the 3D there is a message telling that the 3D library is not suported by win8. Till today used it with win xp without problems. Any clue (Win 8 Pro Basilian Portuguese / DipTrace 300 pins limit)? :?:

PedroDaGr8

#10 Post by PedroDaGr8 » 28 Oct 2012, 13:17

balles wrote:Hello!

I purchased win8 pro yesterday and tried to install diptrace 2.3 on it today. Tried on both versions, 32bit and 64bit. When the program launches it becomes slow and the 3D view mode it's a down way to block diptrace completely. And before launch the 3D there is a message telling that the 3D library is not suported by win8. Till today used it with win xp without problems. Any clue (Win 8 Pro Basilian Portuguese / DipTrace 300 pins limit)? :?:
Balles, that is the new SmartScan feature on windows. If you click the button that says "show more" or "info" something like that, it will give you an option to install it. It's a STUPID feature but is designed to block known bad installers. It's just way too intrusive.

I get the same issue on the 3D library in windows 8. I reported the error in the bugs section.

For those who are wondering, it says:

ERROR

3D Models for DipTrace (2.2) is not allowed to run on WinNTx (6.2)

Setup Aborted!