Post subject: Guided tour - Feedback needed
PostPosted: 03 Dec 2010, 19:59 
Technical Support

Hi All,

About a month ago we have published new guided tour at http://www.diptrace.com/tour
The first goal of the tour is to give first impression to potential DipTrace customer about the program before downloading and evaluating it.
The second goal is allowing new customer to learn how he can start to work.

We also plan to add video tutorials in the future (when release 2.2) - they will not be parts of the tour, but separate video files organized by training program / feature list.

Please let me know if you have any comments on tour quality or have any suggestions.

Thank You!

Stanislav

Post subject: Re: Guided tour - Feedback needed
PostPosted: 02 Jun 2011, 16:53 

Hello there!

I have already watched the videos, and they were awesome! I learned a few new things watching them...

It would be great if more videos were recorded, following the same style .The good thing is that they are quick and clear, so the ideas and how-to's are easily assimilated.

André.

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2011, 17:29 

One thing that I have seen on other video tutorials that I found to be helpful: first the person making the video selects a feature using an icon on the toolbar, then quickly cancels that and selects the same feature using the dropdown menus. Incredibly helpful. It also has he advantage that if I see only the icon or only the dropdown menu, I know the other method of invoking the feature does not exist.

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2011, 09:24 
Technical Support

It will do video guide bulkier. We may explain different ways to invoke features when we do video tutorial in future, but now we want to get guided tour easy for new users.

PostPosted: 19 Jul 2012, 10:13 

The introduction plays automatically but the rest of the tour does not play nor can one click on a topic to get it to play.
Sometimes it begins to play but will then stop at the end of a unit and cannot be restarted.
Please advise.....
Ah, a work-a-round is to launch the intro again and then click on the topic you want.
Gramps