DipTrace 3.1 beta

News from developer. Also post info about new articles, tutorials, conferences, etc.
jeremyh

Re: DipTrace 3.1 beta

#21 Post by jeremyh » 05 May 2017, 02:18

Tomg wrote:
jeremyh wrote:"...Is it possible to now length match more than a diff pair?..."
From what I can see, yes. To date it looks like you can set up length matching rules for multi-net buses in Beta 3.1, but phase-tuning by adding meanders is limited to differential pairs, only. To length-match a bus it appears you will have to select all of its nets, right-click on one of them, enable the Show Trace Length option and then manually modify small sections of offending traces (make your own meanders) while observing the displayed length numbers.

It seems odd that there is no [Apply] or [OK] button. Clicking on the [X] in the upper-right corner of the Length Matching dialog window after setting everything up makes me worry that my settings will be ignored.
Great! Better than nothing. Looking forward to giving it a go.

Gigatrek

#22 Post by Gigatrek » 20 May 2017, 05:46

I want to thank all the Dip trace staff for the continuos work and for the continuos improvements.
At home. I use only Dip trace now.
I think that the allign object function is usefull.
I'm an hobbistic user and i like'd if there was some function too.
I'd like, but i know that coul'd be a problem, if Schematic and PCB open simultaneusly.
An other useful think, for an hobbistic user could be save the PCB as like PS format.

Thank you

Silvio

KevinA

#23 Post by KevinA » 20 May 2017, 07:52

Gigatrek wrote:I'd like, but i know that coul'd be a problem, if Schematic and PCB open simultaneusly.
An other useful think, for an hobbistic user could be save the PCB as like PS format.
Thank you
Silvio
You can easily create a CMD file that launches both applications with note pad:
Open a file in your document/diptrace31 folder, call it dual.cmd
add:

start "Schematic" /D"C:\Program Files\DipTrace31" Schematic.exe
start "Pcb" /D"C:\Program Files\DipTrace31" Pcb.exe

Save the file then click on it to start both applications - tested on windows 10.

Are you talking about Postscript PS? That is a function of a printer driver, add a printer that supports Postscript to your computer.

Gigatrek

#24 Post by Gigatrek » 04 Jun 2017, 19:36

"You can easily create a CMD file that launches both applications with note pad:
Open a file in your document/diptrace31 folder, call it dual.cmd".[/i][/i]
Thank you KevinA for your fast answer, i do it and it works properly, but i mean that it could be useful if when i make double click on schematic or PCB file, it opens and opens the associated PCB or schematic, as like a project.

"Are you talking about Postscript PS? That is a function of a printer driver, add a printer that supports Postscript to your computer." I try to find a PS driver but i don't find it.
I know that some cad includes printo to PS file without charging drivers. Write to PS file could simplify the life for hobbystic user. Can you advise a driver?
Thank you

Silvio