We have published new beta version today.
You can download it fromhttp://www.diptrace.com/downloads/dipfree_beta.exe
See the list of new features below. Currently program (our current
protection) is not compatible with Windows 8 yet, this is our next task
after publishing beta - 2.3 will be compatible.
During beta period we plan to add more "small, but necessary"
features to polish UI and make your work easier. Release of 2.3 is
planned for September. After release we would like to spend more time on
optimizing existing features, than creating new ones, before the next
global stage of making enterprise-class application with high-end features.
New features in 2.2.9 beta:
1. Online DRC - dynamically checks design rules while you add objects, route traces or edit anything in layout. Static DRC check was improved and optimized.
2. 3D VRML 2.0 Export of PC board (see in 3D preview).
3. Custom Non-Signal layers.
4. Arranging PCB components by hierarchical blocks. Copying routing/placement between similar blocks.
5. Automatic showing/hiding ratlines for copper pours depending on pouring and traces ("Hide Ratlines" option was removed).
6. Pour priority for copper pour.
7. Separate "Place Ratline" mode, no more ratlines in "default" and "edit traces" modes.
8. Configuring and saving filenames for Gerber export by layers (name and extension for each layer).
9. Exporting dimensions into Gerber and DXF.
10. Checking pin/wire superimposing without connection in Schematic ERC.
11. Backward compatibility of binary file formats starting from this version (it can open files of further versions).
12. Library update: 8000+ new components, euro symbols, new patterns.
...many speed/size optimization improvements and bug fixes.