Post subject: library cross reference?
PostPosted: 29 May 2014, 10:56 

Is there a cross reference for the elements in the library? (part description, SMD Y/N , hot link to digikey)

Right now I am going through the library in the pattern editor visually and then looking up the parts in digikey. I am wondering if there is a better way.

Post subject: Re: library cross reference?
PostPosted: 30 May 2014, 04:13 
Technical Support

Hello,

You can use "Additional Fields" in pattern properties panel.

Serg Luts
DipTrace Team

Post subject: Re: library cross reference?
PostPosted: 11 Oct 2014, 08:23 

The Tutorial has a lot of info, I get brain freezes...LOL. I have finished over a 100 pgs of the tutorial...and I am newbie, BTW. When it comes to the library, when I first downloaded DipTrace, it said it was looking for other libraries. I have Eagle and LiveWire CADs on my computer. I was looking for a CD4017B decade counter, to begin my project, and one does not exist in DipTrace. I've downloaded the upgrade library for Dip but still no 4017B. LiveWire has one but their NE556 & 555 timers don't work unless you upgrade to the professional version of that software...a marketing ploy I'm sure. DipTrace was referred to me by a co-worker has it on his laptop for his field work. SO my question is...I have the free trail version right now...I think this is outstanding CAD software, but I can't use it if the components are not there to use in the library for the projects I'm trying to do. And I guess DipTrace cannot access LiveWire's libraries (or Galleries as they call them) so do I have to "Upgrade" or "Buy" the DipTrace software in order for those libraries to be expanded?

Thanks,
Cory D