Post subject: "Block" PCB Layout
PostPosted: 15 May 2014, 06:06 

So I have this circuit that I have divided into blocks. Although each of the blocks get power from the same lines. Is it possible to reflect this on the PCB layout.
I mean, each of the block would be separated from each other, yet traces that are common to each block, such as for the power, remains unaffected. By the way, I am trying to achieve this on a single board. I guess I could try placing the components manually, segregating them to which block they belong to, but is there a feature in DipTrace will help me do this?

Post subject: Re: "Block" PCB Layout
PostPosted: 26 May 2014, 13:34 

Sounds like what you want is very similar to rooms in Altium: create a schematic hierarchy and then have the PCB design stage group components based on that.

This way, if you have a special HF circuit, you can put it on one schematic with its (de)coupling caps grouped with the related circuit so initial PCB placement will put them together, put your FPGA/DSP/SoC/whatever in one sheet with their caps (or put the ASICs' local voltage regulators and decoupling in a sub-sheet) so they all get grouped together, etc.