Post subject: CAnnot find LED pattern
PostPosted: 12 Mar 2014, 16:31 

I am trying to figure out how to attach a through hole T1 LED pattern to my LED in the schematic so it carries over into the PCB program.

I am searching the libraries but I am missing something

Post subject: Re: CAnnot find LED pattern
PostPosted: 12 Mar 2014, 22:42 

This component is already accessible in the schematic editor in the 'Discrete' library and is named 'LED'.

The 'LED' symbol is located in the '__discrete.eli' schematic library and the accompanying 'LED100' footprint in '_General.lib'.

This is for a standard 3mm through-hole LED with a lead pitch of 100mil or 2.54mm.

PostPosted: 12 Mar 2014, 23:53 

YEs, I found it later on.

But what I am now having an issue with is placing the component on the PC Board. I need the LED's as close as I possibly can have them for my matrix display. I have been playing with "Placement Setup" and "Arrange Components" with little success.

How do I tell the PCB program to place the led's really close together?

PostPosted: 13 Mar 2014, 00:36 

I'm not sure if it's possible to do that with the auto placer as it does optimizations and so on.

However my advice is to set the grid to the spacing you want and then simply drag each of the LED's to where you want them and they will snap to the grid.

Alternatively double-click on each of the LED's and then enter the X- and Y-coordinates.

This would do the trick for now.

PostPosted: 13 Mar 2014, 07:46 

Yeah the manual placement is probably the way to go it just stinks that I cannot get the alignment tool to do the job instead.

I'll post my results when I am making headway.

THanks

-- 13 Mar 2014, 10:37 --

This is really frustrating....

I need to make a 3 inch round PC board and fill it with T-1 sized LED's. When I do the board points, and use the ARD the board always ends up printing 5/8 of an inch bigger.
The other problem is that I must fill this entire 3 inch board with T-1 sized LED's but the only LED footprint in the library is for 5mm T-1 3/4 LED's.

Can anyone give me some tips on how to get this on track?

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2014, 03:49 
Technical Support

We added "Sensors & LED" library in the beta version. You can find many LEDs there.

Regarding round board, open "Objects -> Board Pints", click on "Create Circular Board" option and specify radius. Don't take into accout board points after you pressed OK.

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2014, 22:35 

I downloaded the beta version and I looked at the LED and Sensor section and there is nothing there for a through hole T-1 LED

So my question is.
In DipTrace is there a T-1 Through hole led in any of the libraries, or is it just T-1 3/4?