DipTrace Team has the question to our users

"How-to" questions from new engineers and designers. Please ask and respond here.
aegis

Re: DipTrace Team has the question to our users

#51 Post by aegis » 26 Aug 2014, 23:10

It would be very convenient to be able to print a board with 2 sides on the similarity panelize. Often required to make one or two instance of a small fee. Now deduce print on different sheets and then try to connect them without bias for printing on a laser printer. Bend the sheet is much easier and more convenient, IMHO. Add a button "to print a copy of the reverse side of the mirror" and the goal of setting the offset value of the copy.
Thank you

aleksolder

#52 Post by aleksolder » 05 Sep 2014, 17:22

Since it is not practical for Diptrace to make all the parts we need, you would do much better to make tools for creating our own libraries. The existing tools are internally badly structured (not structured at all, in fact), non-compliant with the Windows UI standards, inconsistent in UI, bizarrely constrained, and severely broken.

Chuck the whole thing, and copy something that good programmers have made already. Just copy, no shame in that. Or abandon it altogether, and make your DXF importer work.

Gigatrek

#53 Post by Gigatrek » 09 Sep 2014, 00:42

Aegis, i think that you would make is a very good thing.
Dip trace have got hobby license and it's tipically for hobbyist make dual layer pcb and after print them.
I wont get noticed about the way to print pcb.
Hobbyist can choose between positive or negative kind of copper plate.
If i print in negative way i need a black area quite larger then PCB.

Thank you

spsmith

#54 Post by spsmith » 01 Oct 2014, 09:36

I'd like to see more small supplies (Linear Tech, TI) & components that use non-standard patterns, odd shaped center pads, etc. I see no reason to use DipTrace developer's times to make more components that have standard patterns (0603, 0405, SOIC's). Those are easy to copy in DipTrace. I'd rather have you make non-standard patterns that have very tight tolerances and oddball pad shapes or numbering:
- LT3482
- LTC3251, LTC3872
- LT4100
- TPS63002DRCR
- tight pitch BGA's, Altera Cyclones
- PSoC3's & 5's in smalestl package & center pads.

walter

#55 Post by walter » 18 Nov 2014, 23:33

diptrace libraries are a lot, but i did not succeed in finding a complete tubes library (diode single and double, triode single and double, tetrodo, pentodo), both schematic and pcb patterns, with patterns horizontal and vertical. i searched a lot of time, but i found anything. thanks

95wrench

#56 Post by 95wrench » 07 Dec 2014, 16:58

I would like to see DPDT spring to center toggle switch in symbols.
Also contactors/relays with 4NO, 3NO/1NC, 2NO/2NC etc.

Sigmo

#57 Post by Sigmo » 21 Jan 2015, 17:26

The AMP Mate-N-Lok connectors would be nice. I use a lot of those.

btribley

#58 Post by btribley » 01 Mar 2015, 14:50

Power MOSFETS from ON Semiconductor
LDO from Micrel
Phoenix Contact terminal blocks, these are easy to create but I had to do it

marmotking

#59 Post by marmotking » 17 Mar 2015, 20:20

I design boards for vintage computer systems and would like to have parts such as the Z80 and the Z80 PIO and SIO chips. Given some of the obscure Western Digital parts you have, I'm surprised to not see the Z80 processor in the Zilog library. Also, I don't see a lot of older memory chips such as 4116 and 4164 DRAM chips.

davenz

#60 Post by davenz » 19 Apr 2015, 16:22

marmotking wrote:I design boards for vintage computer systems and would like to have parts such as the Z80 and the Z80 PIO and SIO chips. Given some of the obscure Western Digital parts you have, I'm surprised to not see the Z80 processor in the Zilog library. Also, I don't see a lot of older memory chips such as 4116 and 4164 DRAM chips.
It is so easy to create parts in DipTrace that with a little practice you can easily make anything you want. Most of the parts that I use in my schematics I end up making anyway (just to be unique) but for weirder or more off-beat components as long as I can find a data sheet (Google seems to know where they all are) I can whip up a part in no time.

There are some people complaining on here about the libraries and the search functionality along with the parts creation side of Diptrace and while some complaints are valid, a little time spent with the component and pattern editors will have any user churning out their own parts no problems. The libraries are very comprehensive as they are but Murphy's Law stipulates that it will never have the part you want regardless of how many parts are in it!

The only thing I would really like to see in the parts editor is the ability to a) set the position of the RefDes and other markings at creation time and b) free rotating of pads.

And I'm sure if you really can't make your own parts that someone will make them for you if you ask them.

Dave.
--
All the best,

Dave.