Post subject: Creating Gerber files
PostPosted: 15 Mar 2011, 11:47 

Hi,
I teach electronics at a vocational high school and just purchased a Denford PCB router and am trying to learn how to use it. I'm new to DipTrace and PCB construction and I have questions concerning the creation of Gerber files. I was previously using a program "PCB Wizard" which created Gerber files with GBR, GB0, GB1 GB... etc. and created one file that had all these in it plus the .DRL file. I could load this one file and create my BCB.
Page 84 of the tutorial states to put in my own extensions with no other explanation. How should I name the files? When I " Export to Gerber" will it automatically create a .DRL file? How do I create a gerber file with all the layers combined into one file including the .DRL file?
Since this isn't explained at all in the tutorials, is there someplace else that I can go to read up on this material.

Thanks,

---Bill Jackson

Post subject: Re: Creating Gerber files
PostPosted: 16 Mar 2011, 05:12 
Technical Support

In fact, it doesn't matter what extensions have Gerber files. Different CADs export Gerber files with different extensions. By default, DipTrace exports files in the way <Layer name>.gbr, but you can rename files as you want.
No, you should export .drl file(s) separately, please use "File/ Export/ NC drill" from main menu.
Each Gerber layer should be exported into single file. Drill files should too. You will get some files, but why don't zip them into single archive? Probably, your previous CAD did it too.

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2011, 11:17 

How much did that Denford PCB router cost? I couldn't find pricing for it.

PostPosted: 28 Jun 2013, 19:54 

I am using pcb saves,in diptrace format ,and a pcb manugacturer told that they only deal with gerber files ,in the diptrace pcb designer can i saved them as gerber directly to send to them? :|

Thanks in advance