Post subject: Tool is adding multiple vias on the same via point on nets.
PostPosted: 16 Oct 2010, 18:51 

Hi,

When I hand route a new net, some of the previous routed nets which have vias on them now get an additional via on the same point and I get errors when doing the DRC. If I delete the extra via added, the DRC error goes away. No big deal for one via, but when this happens at hundreds of via points everytime I route a new via point, it gets extremely frustraiting. What am I doing wrong, is something set up wrong for the tool? I don't see this happen when I autoroute. (You may ask why not just autoroute, when some of the nets won't route, and hense I am forced to manually route the net, and then comes the issue with extra vias.).

Thanks..

Post subject: Re: Tool is adding multiple vias on the same via point on ne
PostPosted: 18 Oct 2010, 02:54 

Can't you just route to the existing via? DipTrace may ask if you want the two nets involved to be merged if they were different nets.

PostPosted: 18 Oct 2010, 07:36 
Technical Support

Please send the file to support@diptrace.com and let us know what do you do to get extra via added.

PostPosted: 18 Oct 2010, 15:57 

HI,

I have seen this as well with 2.1.0.7. It happens to me sometimes when I have made a change to the schematic and then:
Renew Design from Schematic - Related schematic

I just go in and remove all the added vias. This is a bit painful but usually there are not too many.

PostPosted: 18 Oct 2010, 16:11 

Yes, doing it by hand is a solution. However the design I am doing currently I started out by hand routing 10 or 15 critical nets, which probably have 30 to 50 via's. Once I did these hand routes, locked the nets and started to autoroute new nets, each new autoroute would put via's in all the via points created for the hand placed routes. And this will continue each time I add a new autoroute after I have removed the extra via's and locked the previous net. and so on......

So this could get pretty time consuming quickly as I add more hand routed nets. (BTW there are about 250 nets I would like to route by hand due to limited routing constraints I can have), so the number of times and via's I have to delete will get way out of control.

Hope fully Support can shed some light on this.

Thanks.