|HELP!! Looking for a part!
|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||Deafcult [ 09 Jul 2017, 22:35 ]|
|Post subject:||HELP!! Looking for a part!|
Hello I'm new to this so apologies if my question is common or irritating! I am trying to design a schematic but can't find a part. What is the symbol code for one of these?
http://www.taydaelectronics.com/10k-ohm ... mount.html
|Author:||Tomg [ 15 Jul 2017, 11:16 ]|
|Post subject:||Re: HELP!! Looking for a part!|
I was unable to find it in the standard DipTrace libraries so I made a basic dual potentiometer for you using the supplied datasheet. This is a two-part component that will allow you to place each of the two potentiometers in different locations on the schematic if necessary. Since I have never used this component on a PCB, I cannot guarantee a proper fit or fire resistance. Double-check all connections and dimensions before using. The attached file named Alpha.eli is a component library containing the dual potentiometer created using DipTrace v3.1. (If you have an older version of DipTrace and need to import an ASCII file instead, let me know.) Here's how to move the component into one of your custom libraries...
Adding the new component library to the desktop
1) Save the new component library file to the desktop.
2) In the Component Editor select the Other Libraries group.
3) Click on the Library Tools box and select Add Library to "Other Libraries"... in the fly-out menu.
4) In the Add Library to "Other Libraries" Group dialog window enable [X]Add from File and click on the [...] button.
5) In the Open dialog window navigate to the desktop, select the new component library and click on the [Open] button.
6) In the Add Library to "Other Libraries" Group dialog window select OK. You should now see the new component library appear in the Other Libraries group list.
Inserting the new component(s) into another library
1) In the Component Editor select the User Components group.
2) Choose a destination library by selecting/highlighting the desired User Components library.
3) Click on the Component Tools box and select Insert Components from Another Library... in the fly-out menu.
4) In the Insert Components dialog window, choose the "Other Libraries" group in the Libraries drop-down list, select/highlight the newly-added component library, select/highlight the desired component(s) in the Components list and click on the [Insert] button. You should now see the new component(s) appear at the top of the destination library's components list.
5) Resave the destination library (Ctrl + S).
Removing the new component library from the desktop
1) In the Component Editor select the Other Libraries group.
2) Select/highlight the new component library, then right-click on it and choose Remove "[new component library name]" Library from "Other Libraries" in the pop-up menu.
3) Release the Component Editor's hold on the desktop library file by either closing the Component Editor or by temporarily selecting/highlighting a different component library.
4) Delete the new component library file from the desktop.
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]|
|Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group