|How to create through hole pad with two different shapes?
|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||bensona8907 [ 07 Jun 2017, 11:30 ]|
|Post subject:||How to create through hole pad with two different shapes?|
I want to create a through-hole pad with a circular pad on top and square on the bottom.
How can you do this in Diptrace?
|Author:||Tomg [ 08 Jun 2017, 06:21 ]|
|Post subject:||Re: How to create through hole pad with two different shapes|
It can't be done to individual through-hole pads, which makes it impossible to accomplish in the Pattern Editor. In the PCB Layout editor you can make all pads on one side of the PCB circular by changing that side to a Plane layer, but that might not be the result you are looking for. If you don't mind being confined to using the PCB Layout editor, there is a work-around that will sort of get you there....
1) Select the Bottom side of the PCB (hotkey "B") and create a square SMD pad with the desired dimensions.
2) Create a Static Via with the desired hole size and an outer diameter equivalent to the square pad's width/height.
3) Connect the Static Via to the SMD pad with a small trace.
4) Move the Static Via so it is centered on the SMD pad.
5) Select the Top side of the PCB (hotkey "T") and draw a filled circular shape on the Top Mask layer that covers the Static Via. Don't forget to increase the Top Mask size to compensate for the default Solder Mask Swell setting. (You can find the default value by looking in the Export Gerber dialog window.)
If you have to move this "hybrid through-hole pad" don't forget to move all of its elements together. If this pad must be a part of a component, then things will get ugly fast.
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]|
|Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group