Post subject: New to Diptrace
PostPosted: 04 Dec 2015, 09:06 

Hi guys, I'm a newbie to Diptrace. Can you guys tell me what are components in the following picture and how to get them in Diptrace?
Thanks alot!

Attachment:
8051-Line-Follower-Circuit.gif

Attachment:
Line Follower PCB Layout.PNG

And by the way, do I have to complete the schematic like the one above to obtain the PCB layout?

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post subject: Re: New to Diptrace
PostPosted: 05 Feb 2016, 12:30 

Start with the schematic. Click "Filter Off" in the left column to search. Use Search Area: "All Libraries" to search. Entering a partial part number is a good way. Then every so often, press File>Convert to PCB. See the parts you assembled. Try Auto-Placement. Try Auto Routing. You can discard your initial layouts if you just did that to get an idea of sized or whatever. Go back and make your schematic more complete. Having made schematic changes, you could start the PCB again from scratch, or from the PCB Layout, you can have the layout updated from the schematic.

There is more than one way, but I think this would be the way to start exploring.

I doubt that PCB-mounted motors will be in a standard component library. Connectors you might use to go to the motors may well be. Connectors, such as to your sensors, probably are.

You should try looking for parts with the search all libraries to find if your part is already there. For parts that are not there, you can make your own parts. I suspect you could find somebody to add a few custom parts to a custom library for a reasonable amount of money. I did that once. Not looking to do it now.

Once you have tried making the schematic and identified some parts, look at the tutorial. Follow the example steps. Or start with the tutorial first. Whatever works for you. Take your own notes as to the order of steps or what to click to do an operation that you expect to repeat. It falls into place with practice.

Work out a system of backing up your files at various stages, in case you want to go back to something you had earlier.

-- 05 Feb 2016, 11:36 --

I am guessing that you are trying to ask which of the components in that schematic are in the base libraries. The answer to that would be everything probably. Take the LM358. There will be a lot of those. Different brands (usually compatible) and different packages (you decide). If you start with selecting a DIP package for your LM358 as is used in your board scan, you can later change it to a smaller surface mount package easily!

I would start with the schematic. Click "Filter Off" in the left column to search. Use Search Area: "All Libraries" to search. Entering a partial part number is a good way. Then every so often, press File>Convert to PCB. See the parts you assembled. Try Auto-Placement. Try Auto Routing. You can discard your initial layouts if you just did that to get an idea of sized or whatever. Go back and make your schematic more complete. Having made schematic changes, you could start the PCB again from scratch, or from the PCB Layout, you can have the layout updated from the schematic.

There is more than one way, but I think this would be the way to start exploring.

I doubt that PCB-mounted motors will be in a standard component library. Connectors you might use to go to the motors may well be. Connectors, such as to your sensors, probably are.

You should try looking for parts with the search all libraries to find if your part is already there. For parts that are not there, you can make your own parts. I suspect you could find somebody to add a few custom parts to a custom library for a reasonable amount of money. I did that once. Not looking to do it now.

Once you have tried making the schematic and identified some parts, look at the tutorial. Follow the example steps. Or start with the tutorial first. Whatever works for you. Take your own notes as to the order of steps or what to click to do an operation that you expect to repeat. It falls into place with practice.

Work out a system of backing up your files at various stages, in case you want to go back to something you had earlier.

Post subject: Re: New to Diptrace
PostPosted: 23 Jul 2016, 10:36 

Did you tried to find it out from Diptrace support manual?