Post subject: New user help please
PostPosted: 31 Mar 2015, 12:24 

I'm trying to make a circuit and board, I've managed to get both designed but as some of the components aren't in the library I've used "generic" footprints to make do
The problem I have is I have no idea how to get a footprint for this component it's actually an inductor with 4 pads
Wurth WE-CNSW SMD Series Wire-wound SMD Inductor with a Ferrite Core
Picture of the component should be here
The dimensions of the component are SMD size 1206 A 3.2 B 1.6 C 1.8 D 0.7 E 0.6 (see diagram of component)

The 2nd question is probably a simple one, but I cannot find the answer
How do you change a boards size?
I need to make the board 48mm x 32mm

and then fill in the blank area of the board with copper -
Anyone got any ideas how to do this?

I've enclosed the circuit and layout I did but it might not make sense, I used 2 seperate smd inductors for the one smd that I cant find a footprint for
J3 will be a battery. and J4 will be a SPDT switch - both going to be connected with wires, which is why I used J3 and J4 footprints.

Forgive me but I haven't used the program before, and I would probably have been able to use it a lot better before I had brain surgery

Hopefully its made sense - but I struggle to find the right words since the surgery sometimes, sorry.

Lewis

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post subject: Re: New user help please
PostPosted: 01 Apr 2015, 07:28 

lew247 wrote:
I'm trying to make a circuit and board, I've managed to get both designed but as some of the components aren't in the library I've used "generic" footprints to make do
The 2nd question is probably a simple one, but I cannot find the answer
How do you change a boards size?
I need to make the board 48mm x 32mm

and then fill in the blank area of the board with copper -
Anyone got any ideas how to do this?

Objects->Place Board Outline. After creating a board outline, right click and select board points. Click Rectangular Board and enter width and height of your board.

Objects->Place Copper Pour to fill blank area with copper. In the Copper Pour properties, there is an option called "Snap to board outline".