Post subject: Kindergarten style engraver component Libraries
PostPosted: 25 Oct 2010, 15:12 

Here are some Libraries for the hobby engravers out there. These Libraries are the basic footprints of through hole components. To use them to make a single sided board, set the component Placement side to Bottom side and the Current Signal/Plane layer to Bottom. Then manually place the components and route the board using a trace line width of 0.095. Then place a square pad on each corner to make the corners square. If your using a large mill bit or if you corners are not close together then you will not need to add the square pads to make the corners square. The traces are large but they reduce the number of copper islands you end up with. Export the N/C and grabber files. I have two industrial PCB engraver the why I import the files to my engraver software is I import the N/C file then remove the last part of the G-code where it return then spindle home with a tool change command. Then I import the grabber file remove the header and attach it to the file. If you are using a CNC with a z axes that is driven buy motor then you would need to set the different depths drilling holes and routing traces. I posted this hopping it would help someone get a push start into engraving. I try to get them all posted. The max I can post at one time is three libraries, so we will se how it goes.

-- 25 Oct 2010, 15:15 --

second group of three

-- 25 Oct 2010, 15:17 --

third group of three

-- 25 Oct 2010, 15:19 --

fourth group of three

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.