Post subject: Exports for board assembly
PostPosted: 04 Nov 2013, 12:32 

Hello all,
Ive used DipTrace to create a couple of boards and have had boards fab'd from my designs. Thus far all of the boards have been hand assembled in-house but now Im preparing to have one done turnkey - fab and assembly by the same outside vendor.

One of the files the assembly house needs is a Component Placement List. I think this is the Pick And Place file that DipTrace can export.

Any guidance on preparing a design for assembly would be appreciated. Is the Pick And Place the right file to export? Are the default options usually okay? Since the same vendor will be making the board they will have the gerbers, does the assembler need any different gerbers or any different options for the gerbers? Any other common mistakes that I can check for before submitting?

Thank you
Jay

Post subject: Re: Exports for board assembly
PostPosted: 06 Nov 2013, 03:30 
Technical Support

Pick and place file is what you need. Default options are usually okay. In fact, there are no strict instructions how pick and place file should be but assembler can easy edit the file in Excel for example. Also assembler may need paste mask gerber files, you can export these files from DipTrace.

Post subject: Re: Exports for board assembly
PostPosted: 15 Nov 2013, 09:34 

Thanks Alex. I did the export and sent everything to the assembler - no issues.