Some square pads being rotated 45 degrees

Preparing layout for manufacturing, Requirements, Verifications. PCB manufacturing process. Feedback about manufacturers.
bendeane

Some square pads being rotated 45 degrees

#1 Post by bendeane » 11 May 2017, 03:24

First time poster, and not sure if this is the correct forum, but I've designed a PCB and exported the gerber files and a couple of Gerber viewers and one manufacturer has rotated a couple of square pads on two DIP IC patterns. Oshpark has successfully and correctly produced this board and a couple of online gerber viewers are displaying things correctly.

EASYEDA and SEEED, however, are rotating the two mentioned pads and rendering the boards useless since the pads are now shorting with the ground plane (my copper pour). I really need to find a manufacturer close to the price of SEEED for small runs (10-50 boards) that can do blue PCB colors. I had the SEEED boards in my hands within 14 days of ordering.

Also, if anyone has an input as to why SEEED and EASYEDA would rotate this pad, I'd be super appreciative. I even redid the layout and rotated the two pads by 45 degrees inside diptrace in hopes that SEEED would rotate them again making them oriented correctly, but that didn't work.

See attached photos with pads in question circled in red
OSHPARK correct production
OSHPARK correct production
OSHPARKLD.JPG (82.51 KiB) Viewed 793 times
Board as manufactured from SEEED
Board as manufactured from SEEED
BOARDFROMSEEED.JPG (48.66 KiB) Viewed 793 times
Online Gerber viewer showing correct pad orientation
Online Gerber viewer showing correct pad orientation
GBVONLINELD.JPG (104.3 KiB) Viewed 793 times

X10an

Re: Some square pads being rotated 45 degrees

#2 Post by X10an » 02 Jun 2017, 02:45

For reference only. I got the same problem two years later. So much for software updates....
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11609&p=22463

GuitarPhil

#3 Post by GuitarPhil » 04 Jun 2017, 10:24

X10an wrote:For reference only. I got the same problem two years later. So much for software updates....
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11609&p=22463
? The OP is dated May this year, not two years ago!

amramsey

#4 Post by amramsey » 17 Jun 2017, 16:20

For reference, this problem is caused by the PCB manufacturer, not Diptrace. The work-around is to convert those rectangular pads to polygons. The PCB gerber tools at the PCB manfacturer will then deal with the pads correctly.

Love life

#5 Post by Love life » 12 Jul 2017, 20:59

This should not be a design problem, you can ask SEEED why will rotate your pin.
Is this situation pcb manufacturer did not communicate with you before production?