Gold finish for PCB

Preparing layout for manufacturing, Requirements, Verifications. PCB manufacturing process. Feedback about manufacturers.
David01

Gold finish for PCB

#1 Post by David01 » 09 Mar 2015, 09:19

Hi everyone, The cost of Gold finish for PCB manufacturing is high, can anyone suggest a good quality PCB manufacturing with Gold finish with reasonable cost?
thank you in advance,
David01

BayAreaCircuits

Re: Gold finish for PCB

#2 Post by BayAreaCircuits » 25 Mar 2015, 12:39

Hi David01,

When you say "Gold", what type of gold are you referring to - Hard, Soft, ENIG, etc? ENIG (Electroless Nickel Immersion Gold) is a very thin amount of gold applied over nickel. This is a very popular surface finish because it's easy to solder to and is relatively inexpensive when compared to Soft/Hard gold. ENIG typically adds $50 to the cost of a prototype project depending on the quantity and dimensions required. If you require something other than ENIG the cost will vary according to the type of gold required and amount of surface coverage.

Gold surface finishes are not currently available as options if you choose to order your PCBs using the Order PCB button from within Diptrace but we (Bay Area Circuits) do offer these different gold options. Contact us (support [@] bacircuits.com) with your Diptrace design and we'll create a custom quote/order for you.
Bay Area Circuits
support @ bacircuits.com
510-933-9000
Silicon Valley, CA

Techno Tronix

#3 Post by Techno Tronix » 25 Sep 2015, 23:07

Long back ago I got my PCB gold finish done from technotronix and found them very responsive and impressed with turn around.

Molly

#4 Post by Molly » 20 Nov 2015, 17:14

I used to order my PCB products from 4pcbassembly, engage with their delivery partners to deliver anywhere and everywhere in the world at the most cost efficient price to deliver highest value to our customers. Provides Imm Gold, Imm Silver, Imm Tin, Hard Gold, HASL, LF HASL.

RobertP

#5 Post by RobertP » 05 Dec 2015, 02:49

Besides manufacturing requirements of PCB, PCB price depends on lots of factors, like region, marketing positioning of manufacturer, scale of manufacturer etc., there are tons of PCB manufacturers, use Google to search is a good idea.

pcbachina

#6 Post by pcbachina » 28 Jul 2016, 00:38

Usually , there are Immsion gold (ENIG) and Gold plating 2 surface finish for PCB .
Immersion gold should be cheaper .But most important of the Au thickness ,1U", 2U",3U" etc. Au thickness increase then price was higher .

viya0414

#7 Post by viya0414 » 05 Sep 2017, 15:55

I used to order my PCB products from NOD Electronics. It's great!

PCBA Services (hdi pcb)

Marck1

#8 Post by Marck1 » 09 Dec 2018, 23:23

Hard gold, technically known as hard electrolytic gold, consists of a layer of gold plated over a coating of nickel. Hard gold is known for being exceptionally durable and is often used in high-wear areas such as edge connector fingers.According to bayareacircuits.com, the gold is typically 98% pure 24-carat gold with an application thickness of 30 to 50 microinches deep. However, because of its high cost and its relatively poor solderability, hard gold is not generally applied to solderable areas.