Post subject: locking routes to components close to a microprocessor, etc
PostPosted: 27 Feb 2013, 23:20 

Hi,

I find Dip trace / PCB Creator very easy to use, but I'm hitting a wall by trying to place caps and crystals close to a cpu. What is the preferred method to force caps to be routed to the Vcc and Vss of the cpu without using vias? I've tried setting the priority of the net class and even manually routing the traces and locking them, but when I un-route all, I usually lose the locked routes.

A second question, what is the preferred method to add ground guards around sensitive analog/RF signal traces? I've tried a custom pattern that is tied to a ground via, but I get a bunch of DRC warnings from this method.

A third question is about CPWG. Is there any future plans to add RF capability into the tool?

Thanks in advance for the help,
g

Post subject: Re: locking routes to components close to a microprocessor,
PostPosted: 01 Mar 2013, 09:25 
Technical Support

1. Route traces manually. I tried to lock traces and they are not unrouted if I unroute all.
2. I would suggest to use copper pours.You can specify desired clearance between the sensitive net(s) and the copper pour.
3. We will consider special tools for RF in future but currently they are not available.