Post subject: Words of praise...
PostPosted: 31 May 2012, 15:22 

Howdy!

Figured I'd post a quick message about DipTrace...

I've been trying to find a schematic / PCB tool for a while now and have tried many, including $$$ ones like Altium and what not. While Altium's a great tool, it's not attainable for most 'casual' users. So, I tried Eagle for a while but just couldn't get into it. User interface is non-intuitive, especially after using Altium and all in all, it's just too steep of a learning curve.

To be 100% fair, I must say I tried DipTrace and DesignSpark as well but never really gave it enough time. My first impression of DipTrace was that the component selection seemed rather limiting and cobbled together. Having said that, I *really* needed a package and after spending only a few hours with DipTrace I was sold! Controls are as intuitive as Altium, component creation is a doddle and within a DAY I managed to get my entire design from NOTHING to manufacture!!

So all in all, wonderful product and I'll be upgrading soon! Keep up the awesome work!

-Mux

Post subject: Re: Words of praise...
PostPosted: 01 Nov 2012, 05:52 

Well i think after hearing so much praise about DipTrace i have to try this.

PostPosted: 18 Jan 2013, 18:00 

I hope you did. I upgraded to the 500 pin 'lite' version and depending on my needs, will likely upgrade to the 1000 pin, 4-layer version.

-Mux

PostPosted: 09 Jul 2013, 19:00 

Mux wrote:
Howdy!

Figured I'd post a quick message about DipTrace...

I've been trying to find a schematic / PCB tool for a while now and have tried many, including $$$ ones like Altium and what not. While Altium's a great tool, it's not attainable for most 'casual' users. So, I tried Eagle for a while but just couldn't get into it. User interface is non-intuitive, especially after using Altium and all in all, it's just too steep of a learning curve.

To be 100% fair, I must say I tried DipTrace and DesignSpark as well but never really gave it enough time. My first impression of DipTrace was that the component selection seemed rather limiting and cobbled together. Having said that, I *really* needed a package and after spending only a few hours with DipTrace I was sold! Controls are as intuitive as Altium, component creation is a doddle and within a DAY I managed to get my entire design from NOTHING to manufacture!!

So all in all, wonderful product and I'll be upgrading soon! Keep up the awesome work!

-Mux

Thanks for your honest review of Diptrace

PostPosted: 12 Jul 2013, 01:16 

I too like the Diptrace. I moved from Eagle to DipTrace. This is very user friendly and easy to use. Particulalry creating schematic design is rather easiers than other EDA, including PCB layout desigining. Some of the marquee features that I like most; are selecting component, pattern, creating pattern & component and integrated 3D view.

There are couple of features request pending and if DipTrace decides to add that, I feel, it would list in top 10 EDA. http://www.diptrace.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8691&start=0

Therefore, I also really like to thanks to DipTrace.

Pradip