Post subject: Add "File save" warning to beta 2.3.5
PostPosted: 02 Apr 2014, 12:19 
Expert

I had downloaded the beta version 2.3.5.2 a couple of weeks ago and I just now had time to look at it for the first time. It looks fine but we have a policy of not using beta versions for any of our production items. While I had a file open in the beta schematic editor I noticed a spelling error I had made on the drawing, so I corrected it on both the schematic and the PCB. Much to my dismay I find that I can no longer open the schematic or the PCB in your current release of Diptrace. I am getting the error "The file was saved in a newer version of Diptrace....". If I tell it to open anyway I get a second error message "File unpacking exception.....", and when I answer yes to open the file anyway, the workspace is blank.

Yes- it was my mistake to make a change to a file while I was running the beta version....But it would have been good if there was a warning that the saved file could no longer be opened in earlier versions of Diptrace. Alternatively, you could provide an option to save a file in the older format. If that is not possible, then could you provide a conversion utility?

Now I've got to admit my mistake to the network administrator and ask him to restore the earlier version of my files from the offsite backup.

-Rick