Order PCB with DipTrace

Post here your comments, suggestions and problems
Parkeruser

Order PCB with DipTrace

#1 Post by Parkeruser » 03 Oct 2013, 04:58

First time trying to order a PCB through the layout portion of Diptrace. I am able to enter all my information into the page that comes up when I click File>>Order PCB, when I click "Place Order" I get a small popup stating "Submitting order..." All normal I guess.

After about 2-3 minutes I get a popup stating " Order Submission failed! Please check your internet connection and Firewall settings". I have tried turning off my Symantic and Windows firewalls on the local PC to no avail. My guess is it has to do with the Corporate Server firewall. Does anyone have any ideas on what my IT department needs to do to allow ordering through Diptrace?

I did call Bay Area Circuits and they have never heard of this problem . I have also submitted a support request with DipTrace, but haven't heard back from them.

-- 04 Oct 2013, 09:15 --

Moderators- I posted this discussion was posted in the wrong Forum, is it possible to move the topic to the General Electronics>> PCB Manufacturing Questions forum. Thanks.

-- 15 Oct 2013, 18:05 --

Resolved. Apparently DipTrace uses POST protocol to send a zip file of the gerbers and drill patterns to Bay Area Circuits. A lot of Corporate firewalls block this and have to be configured to allow this process. Corporate IT fixed this in about 5 minutes and now I have no problem ordering through the software. First two orders shipped today, can't wait to see the finished boards.