Post subject: Non-Perspective Option in 3D View
PostPosted: 02 Feb 2013, 02:06 

The addition of the 3d view in DipTrace, along with the ability to export the 3d geometry is a great feature.

If I orient the 3d view in DipTrace to get a top down view of the PCB there is a perspective effect that shows shadows in any holes present in the PCB.

Solidworks has the capability to apply decals or graphics to a surface. I currently take a screen shot of that top down board view in DipTrace, crop it, and map it to the board surface in Solidworks. I've found that is a much better option than including copper, silk, etc in the 3d export.

Would it be possible to add an option to make that top down view orthographic? That is, no perspective and no shadows? That would save having to post process each image to remove the shadows.

Post subject: Re: Non-Perspective Option in 3D View
PostPosted: 02 Feb 2013, 05:21 

I asked for almost the same thing some time ago, see http://www.diptrace.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8078

I don't use the export VRLM, because i get i much lighter processor load when i create larger assemblies with the technique described by farley.

So i still like a function that exports both sides as pictures, that would make my workflow much easier.

Br// Mike

Post subject: Re: Non-Perspective Option in 3D View
PostPosted: 13 Feb 2013, 22:33 

>>Would it be possible to add an option to make that top down view orthographic? That is, no perspective and no shadows? That would save having to post process each image to remove the shadows.

I'm not sure if this gives you what you desire, but I set the PCB to a very tiny thickness, then set my background to black, and it seems to work.