Post subject: Few Suggestions
PostPosted: 06 Jun 2012, 09:01 

Hi - I'm a very satisfied user of Diptrace now, for the last couple of months.

But there are a few point I think worth raising.

1.. When editing the board layer (or any object) would it be possible to number each point as it is selected - then have that point numbered in the edit box? - That way I wouldn't have to try and figure out which point I was looking at. Another way to do this would be to highlight the line item that the mouse was pointing at - couldn't be that hard?

2.. when in schematic, looking at componant properties, it would be great if there were a 'ruler' icon in the 'attached patern' box. That way it would be easier to make a quick check that the pattern on the screen is the right size - pin spacing etc.

3.. In componant properties - under library it would be good if a double click on that field opened the componant editor. rather than the cumbersome way of navigating to it now. (not a big issue though)

4.. I really have a bugbear about laying out a complicated board outline - the suggestion of using a third party cad program is, in my opinion, a backward step. I'm creating complex board shapes on the assembly layer - then exporting that as a dxf file. I re-import that file into the board layer - works ok but seem unnecessarily cumbersome.

4.. How about being able to setout circles and arcs - specified by their centre and radius - plus start and stop angles for arcs.

I'm really only now learning how to use Diptrace and I find it a great product. So I'm not complaining, just offering some ideas.

Thanks

Post subject: Re: Few Suggestions
PostPosted: 07 Jun 2012, 08:48 
Technical Support

Thank you for the suggestions. I will add them to the list of features. But second one seems unclear. Do you really want that software checks whether pattern is good for a component or not? It is very hard to do.