Post subject: Half automatic routing: Push & Shove
PostPosted: 23 Mar 2012, 06:18 

Dear developers,

since i have evaluated the half automated routing with push & shove functionality at freerouting.net "freerouter" i wonder why this feature isnt more pushed by pcb layout/routing software. Currently this feature seems only to built in within high integrated and high priced tools. I found thiy feature very precious.

I found diptrace currently best tool for pcb layouter in hobbyist/small and middle shop version and need to join as user.
But i promised to myself that "push&shove" is a must have for my next (last) change to another pcb - layout software.

Is it foreseen to implement "Push & Shove" in next version(s) ?

With kind regards,
Thilo

Post subject: Re: Half automatic routing: Push & Shove
PostPosted: 26 Mar 2012, 07:24 
Technical Support

Hi Thilo,

The "push&shove" is option of interactive routing. We plan to implement interactive routing in future, but it is complex feature and cannot be developed quickly.

Post subject: Re: Half automatic routing: Push & Shove
PostPosted: 07 Jul 2014, 20:09 

When routing, could the trace be stopped just before the DRC circle appears? The user would have to change direction at that point, but wouldn't have to manually hunt for the spot where the circle 'just disappears'.

Perhaps the same could happen when a segment is dragged. It could be stopped before the DRC circle appears, not be allowed to move closer.

Altium call this the 'Avoid Obstacle' mode. It may be the simplest step toward 'interactive routing' and would be a huge time-saver. (Easy for me to say, I know)